Department: Westcoast Cloud
Reports to: Head of Intelligent Cloud
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 17:45pm
Contract type: Permanent
Established in 1984, Westcoast Ltd is a privately held company that distributes leading IT brands such as HP, HPE, Microsoft, Lenovo, Apple and many others to a broad range of resellers, retailers and office product dealers in the UK and beyond.
Since then, we have grown to become the number one UK distributor for many of our vendors and customers and the group employs more than 1,300 people across several locations in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of everybody at Westcoast the company is flourishing. Our revenues have seen a sharp increase in recent years reaching over £4.2 Billion 2021
We are consistently ranked in the Sunday Times Top Track of the 100 Largest Privately-owned UK Companies and are now the largest privately held business in the Thames Valley region as well as the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year 2018.
Westcoast Cloud has recently won the Cloud Distributor of the Year at the CRN UK Channel Awards
You will be managing and working proactively to build technical stakeholder relationships with small to mid-size resellers across Ireland, focusing on the Public Cloud services portfolio, with some cross-over to hybrid cloud and on-premises data center services.
Most of your interaction with your technical account base will be by telephone/Teams – so you will be comfortable picking up the phone and being on camera to build relationships, taking a consultative approach to understand their needs so that you can identify the best way to grow their technical enablement, capabilities, and account with Westcoast Cloud. You will work alongside a Sales Specialists.
• Developing the technical account base’s technical knowledge and skills, demonstrating growth, and achieving individual revenue and profit targets through technical enablement.
• Building professional relationships with accounts technical stakeholders and a strong understand-ing of account base.
• Staying up to date with your technical skills relating to the sales process, including quotes, and working productively with the Sales Support team
We’re extremely service driven in our approach, so you’ll be able to take a customer-first approach while working to tight guidelines and within a strict 2-hour SLA.
You’ll need some previous experience in technical selling within the IT channel, either at a distributor or reseller, but other than that, all you need is the drive to succeed in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.
Public Cloud IaaS and Hybrid Cloud experience is required for this role but not essential as you will be working with a supportive, friendly, and driven team. We’ll ensure that you are given full training on our portfolio, and you’ll also have the opportunity to gain industry-recognized accreditations.
• Manage the customer technical account sales experience of the cloud services portfolio from quote to renewal
• Provide technical pre-sales customer support to aid customers in purchasing a cloud solution
• You will work alongside a Sales Specialists.
• Work with customers to drive usage of all products/services purchased
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service man-agement principles
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
• Escalate customer problems to the Tier 3 vendor support when appropriate through our internal service desk
• Liaise with vendors directly where necessary to resolve vendor-related issues
• Monitor progress against customer SLAs to ensure customer service levels are achieved
• Maintain & develop technical skills/certifications as required
• A track record in technology and/or technical account sales, with experience selling in the IT chan-nel (distributor or reseller) of public cloud and or hybrid cloud
• A proactive approach to technical account management and technical enablement
• An excellent communicator and relationship builder
• Ability to adapt your approach to supporting both skilled and unskilled users
• Ability to adapt to changing situations with confidence and professionalism
• Entrepreneurial and ambitious – driven to succeed
• Excellent problem-solving skills, able to learn and apply past experiences to situations
• Embraces collaboration and celebrates success
• A willingness to learn and committed to your personal development
• Full training and ongoing Learning and Development support, with excellent career progression
• Learning and Development opportunities with work-based studies/professional qualifications
• Employee referral bonus
• Auto-enrolment pension
• Perkbox – instant access to a wide range of high street, leisure, and utility discounts and perks
• Staff purchases – discounted IT, electronics, mobiles, and accessories
• Eye care scheme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a cover letter stating your salary requirements to email@example.com