Department: Westcoast Cloud
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Theale, Reading
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 09:00am-17:30pm
Contract type: Permanent
Established in 1984, Westcoast Ltd is a privately held company that distributes leading IT brands such as HP, HPE, Microsoft, Lenovo, Apple and many others to a broad range of resellers, retailers and office product dealers in the UK and beyond.
Since then, we have grown to become the number one UK distributor for many of our vendors and customers and the group employs more than 1,300 people across a number of locations in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Over the last five years, Westcoast Cloud has seen massive growth. We’ve grown to a team of more than 45 and are a leading Microsoft Gold Solution Provider. Westcoast Cloud has recently won the Cloud Distributor of the Year at the CRN UK Channel Awards.
Job Role: Service Desk Management, Technical Enablement, Escalations and Quality Control
The Cloud Service Desk Manager will manage the day-to-day support function, ensuring the team are handling requests from our channel partners and managed service customers with the level of quality and care appropriate. Monitoring support requests, making sure the team are adhering to Westcoast Cloud’s defined SLA’s.
There will be a heavy focus on customer service through quality management/assurance, and supporting customer escalations.
You will also play a major role in continuing to design, improve and implement customer focused processes and most importantly mentor, develop and grow the Service Desk Team.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Experience of supporting users on M365, Azure, Dynamics and non-Microsoft products
- Experience in managing team performance, development and improvements
- Excellent telephone manner, with friendly customer service skills
- Good communication, literacy and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about customer satisfaction – managing customer complaints/escalations
- Able to prioritise and keep calm within high pressure situations
- A logical approach to problem solving coupled with common sense
- Punctuality, staff must be ready to work by their start time
- Be prepared to work outside of working hours on an on-call basis (when required)
- Able to follow existing processes and assist in designing new ones
- Show initiative in finding improvements
The key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the Service Desk is surpassing target levels of performance and quality, through management of KPI’s and SLA’s
- Provide leadership, support and guidance for all Service Desk members
- Manage escalations/complaints of tickets with partners and third-party vendors, both reactively and proactively (through partner feedback/surveys)
- Oversee the internal IT estate (security management, asset management, etc.)
- Auditing of tickets and interactions (phone calls, emails) to ensure quality and professionalism
- Adopt ITIL best practices for incident, change, configuration and knowledgebase management
- Ensure the internal change management policy and procedures are effectively applied
- Proactively provide opportunities for improvement and engage with relevant peers to implement
- Ensure skill levels are maintained and enablement is provided for key areas
- Work on projects and other tasks determined by the Head of Operations
- Demonstrate experience of managing a Service Desk
- Experience and knowledge of incident, change and stakeholder management
- Experience of coaching and mentoring teams
- A good understanding of formal service management frameworks including ITIL
- Ability to meet service level targets
- Excellent communication skills including: written, oral and presentation skills
- Microsoft Certifications/ITIL v4
- Service Desk Management experience